No Products in the Cart
Bia! – meaning ’food’ in Irish and ‘come’ in Igbo – is a community storytelling project. Through the words and images of immigrant and diasporic communities in Ireland, Bia! seeks to document our commonality, counterbalance mainstream food narratives, and celebrate how immigrants and diasporas assert their presence in Ireland through food.
The pilot issue of this zine is 96 pages cover-to-cover exploring 1) food in our homes, 2) food, identity and belonging, 3) how we share our foods, 4) food and community and 5) our favourite foods.
Inside you will find:
– candid conversations with families, local heroes, celebrated chefs, and Gen Z’s most respected foodies;
– artwork celebrating our favourite foods;
– poetry that will transport you to visions of home;
– personal essays highlighting how food intertwines with identity, home, community, and belonging;
– an archive of photos past and present centring our interactions with food
– recipes from around the world
Bia! Zine is made up of the gorgeous words, stories, and art of over 30 contributors and guests from The Philippines, Nigeria, India, Ethiopia, Thailand, Palestine, China, the USA, Mexico, Brazil plus more who all call Ireland home or are creating a sense of home for themselves here.
240 x 170 mm